Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!!


I know, I'm a few days late to be wishing you a happy new year, but honestly it doesn't have to be about just one day. You can give someone well wishes anyday, anyime of the year. For the first week, I hope everyone has had a happy and healthy 2010 and continue to have many more.

I have decided to set goals for myself this year. I decided since this year is 2010, then I will create 10 goals. Everyone usually makes resolutions, (diet, go to the gym, stop smoking, etc.) those things are great but they usually don't last very long. If you are going to do one of those things it has to be about making a lifestyle change, not just a quick fix because its new years and you have to make that resolution for the new year. I have tried different diets and exercise programs before (some working better than others). The ones that generally work are the ones I use when I am trying to make a change and get healthy, not just a quick diet to loose a few pounds.

This year I have decided to set goals instead. Things I want to do, to accomplish, over the next year. Some may be things like taking more time to write and read, both things I enjoy doing, but don't make enough time for. Others will vary but they will all be things that I want to do or do more of this new year.

The last goal on my list of 10 is going to be something a little harder to reach. It won't be as simple as picking up a book and reading for 20 extra minutes. It will be something that will take time and I will have to work hard to make it happen. Hopefully this time next year, when I pull out my list of goals, I can check most of them off and can say Job Well Done.

I hope if you set goals or resolutions for the new year that you follow through with them and get all you wanted from it. I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment