Monday, November 2, 2009

My First Blog

Welcome to my blog!!!
This is something that I have been meaning to start for several months and haven't. Now.....I have!!! One of the reasons, that I put off starting my blog, is a new writing opportunity that I recently started. I recently became an independent contracted writer for a new website (halogentv.com). I stumbled upon their website and was impressed with the purpose of the site. "Halogen is a socially conscious television network and website that empowers its viewers to make positive changes in the world around them. Using film, documentary, episodic and other formats, Halogen features a wide variety of programming that empowers viewers to leave their mark and make the world a better place to live". I contacted them and within just a few weeks I had my first assignment. I recently submitted my first profile piece for the website and hope to start another one in the near future.
One of the main reasons I wanted to start this blog, was to share my thoughts and ideas, that usually just stay buried inside my head. Every morning while taking a shower and trying to wake up, my mind starts thinking about anything and everything. Usually it's random and nothing of that much importance, but I decided that regardless of how important or useless it is, I will blog about it and let you be the judge. Maybe something that I'm thinking, will relate to one of you. Maybe not, and that's cool too. But regardless, I'm going to write about it.
You are probably wondering where I got the name for this blog. "singularis sententia" is Latin for "Unique Opinion". (Singularis="Alone of its kind") (Sententia="Thought, or Way of Thinking") and that is what this blog is. My Unique Opinion. These are my opinions on life. My thoughts and feelings on whatever comes to mind.
So now that the introductions are out of the way, I am going to publish this (my first post, Yay me)!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting with it and creating your blog. I love the name !!!! Keep those thoughts rolling around each morning and then showing up on your blog !! You inspire me. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete