Thursday, November 19, 2009

8 Days Until Black Friday!!!


I may be crazy, but I am looking forward to Black Friday. Getting up in the middle of the night, standing in line in the cold, shopping in crowded stores with hundreds of other people. (I know what you're thinking, "FUN" right??) Probably not to everybody but to me it is. It's one day off of work, that I can get out with all the other people in the world looking for a good sale. As a child I can't remember going shopping on Black Friday and as I got a little older I started working retail and hated Black Friday, because I had to be the one to smile and greet the customers as they were out shopping and I was stuck working. Now times have changed!!! I now have a job where I am fortunate to be off during the holidays. Last year as I went to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving Lunch ( a yearly tradition ) I picked up a newspaper, which being the day before the biggest shopping day of the year, was mainly just sales papers, which was ok with me (they are my favorite part, well the comics too). We sat around looking through paper after paper, sale after sale, and made a decision, this year we were going shopping!!!! My Mom picked me up and we headed out at 5:00 am to stand in line at Target with about 200 other people. Some who had probably been there much longer than we had. After shopping and finding GREAT deals on several items, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. A quick stop to rest before getting back out there hitting the stores.
I have already began looking at black friday sales papers online, and will definitely get my newspaper Thanksgiving day, and then get up and hit the lines Friday morning.
Last year was a blast & I'm sure this year will be also.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kirk, good to see a post from you again. I've actually found myself thinking about venturing out on Black Friday, not so much to shop but to have a ritual. Although the 'jury' is still out as to whether this will actually be the ritual I adopt, I think it's great to have rituals around which to have experiences, memories etc. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete